Saige Community Food Bank – Delivery Only after May 8th
Important information – please read!
Delivery service only after May 8th. Please request delivery here.
- Keep your distance from each other and our volunteers.
- Take your bag and leave – no socializing or hanging out.
- Keep hands in pockets – no touching faces, tables, people!
- WASH all produce and remove outer packages from foods.
- WASH hands before eating anything afterwards.
- Event is outside – follow pathway along right side of building to the school area in back under shelter.
- No trading of ANY items with staff or attendees.
- Be kind and patient with volunteers and each other – we are all under stress and Saige is trying to keep our services going with limited staff.
Keep us safe and yourself! Assume you are infected and take precautions not to spread it.
- Delivery service only – in person pickup finished May 8
- You must sign up through this online google document
- Confirmation call is day of delivery between 9-11am
- Delivery is between 2-6 regular Food Bank Fridays
Saige Community Kitchen
- Online group cooking sessions through zoom with vegetarian ingredients package delivered before event
- Sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmation email sent prior to event for those signed up with link to zoom.
Updates/donations – on Facebook and website.
Assume you are infected and take measures not to spread it!
Gloves and masks are not 100% protection – proper handling + distance required.
In controlled lab settings, the coronavirus is detectable on the following items:
- No proof on fabric – front line or contact – 100%, precaution – wash hot.
- Groceries – discard packaging, wash ALL produce.
- Copper – 4 hors
- Cardboard – up to 24 hours
- Plastic/Steel – up to 72 hours
Important to note – virus decreases rapidly over time – risk of transferring via touch probably decreases as well.
Disinfectant: 70% alcohol or more + EPA approved cleaners.
Bleach solution: must be unexpired bleach.
1/3 cup bleach – 16 cup water.
4tsp bleach to 4+3/4 cup water.
Saige Community Food Bank takes place every 2nd and 4th Friday at Kiwassa Neighbourhood House.
2425 Oxford Steet @ Nanaimo (around back).
Volunteer times: 1:30pm – 5:30pm.
Numbers are given out lottery style at 3:30pm.
January 10, January 24
February 14, February 28
March 13, March 27
April 10 (closed), April 24
May 8, May 22
June 12, June 26
July 10, July 24
August 14, August 28
September 11, September 25
October 9, October 23
November 13, November 27
December 11 (closed December 25)